Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 13:49 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Our company is deploying some hylafax servers. Very nice nifty things.

Yep, their fabulous.

On the windows clients, it's rather simple, we installed hylafax client, a
new printer is there, properly configured and sending faxes is possible in
2 minutes.
So: the server is running linux, my WS is running linux.. but HOW do I get my
client to send a fax the same way my windows colleagues do? of course I
can bash out and use sendfax, but I'll never be able to explain to co-workers
why they have to do that now.
I found an old SDB [1] to set 'something' up, but first off I'm using gnome,
not KDE, 2nd even though I started kprint and tried adding a printer,
Hylafax is not an option.
Any good tutorials out there on how to get hylafax 'printing' to work?
[1] http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Setting_up_a_Fax_Printer_with_Hylafax

No, unfortunately. If you find something please let us know. Every
method I've ever seen to support faxing from the LINUX (GNOME) desktop
is, at very best, a miserable unreliable hack [and all as confusing as
*^@&$ for the end-user].

On the other hand, OpenOffice/StarOffice does support setting up faxing
so at least that part is easy and fairly well supported (and is
described in the mentioned article). But for any other app your
more-or-less "up the creek".