Re: [opensuse] Huh?
  • From: Adam Tauno WIlliams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 06:48:54 -0400
On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 22:45 -0400, Richard Creighton wrote:
On Sun June 7 2009 8:44:02 pm Anders Johansson wrote:
On Monday 08 June 2009 02:35:45 Richard wrote:
[...]
linux:/home/ricreig # ./test
-bash: ./test: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied
[...]
OK, I give up, What's wrong here?
Could it be that your home partition is mounted with the "noexec" flag (or
the
"user" flag, which implies "noexec")
Anders
I'm running as ROOT and as ME, both fail. IF I run it
with /bin/bash ./test, it works, if I say ./test, it doesn't. If I
say
#which bash, it returns
/bin/bash
#
and no others
When I do a ls -l /bin/bash, it gives -rwxr-xr-x for permissions with
root root as owner group. Given I'm running it as root, I don't see
where the problem is. On my other machines, it runs fine, only the
machine running 11.2+ after the update from factory on or about 28May
does this problem start.
I first started noticing this when trying to run scripts that listed
install distributions which was written a hell of a long time ago and
will run if I preface it with /bin/bash/root/Dists instead of ./Dists
while logged into /root as root.

Nothing in this e-mail suggest that you checked the mount options as
suggested in the previous e-mail; if your /home is mounted as "noexec"
it will [correctly] exhibit exactly the behavior you describe.