Re: [opensuse] Huh?
  • From: Richard Creighton <rccj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:45:12 -0400
On Sun June 7 2009 8:44:02 pm Anders Johansson wrote:
On Monday 08 June 2009 02:35:45 Richard wrote:
[...]
linux:/home/ricreig # ./test
-bash: ./test: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied
[...]
OK, I give up, What's wrong here?

Could it be that your home partition is mounted with the "noexec" flag (or
the
"user" flag, which implies "noexec")

Anders

I'm running as ROOT and as ME, both fail. IF I run it with /bin/bash ./test,
it works, if I say ./test, it doesn't. If I say
#which bash, it returns
/bin/bash
#

and no others

When I do a ls -l /bin/bash, it gives -rwxr-xr-x for permissions with root root
as owner group. Given I'm running it as root, I don't see where the problem
is. On my other machines, it runs fine, only the machine running 11.2+ after
the update from factory on or about 28May does this problem start.

I first started noticing this when trying to run scripts that listed install
distributions which was written a hell of a long time ago and will run if I
preface it with /bin/bash/root/Dists instead of ./Dists while logged into /root
as root.

Richard

--

Richard