Re: [opensuse] Relative number of users of OpenSuse 11.0 vs OpenSuse 11.1?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:07:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-06-07 at 21:52 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:

] "This page contains a variety of statistics about
] openSUSE's usage. They are purely generated from the apache logs of
] download.opensuse.org, user contributed data you can find at smolts.org"

What has to do the apache logs of download.opensuse.org with data at
smolts.org, how are they correlating those two sources, how is smolt data
shown in the opensuse stats page?

It's not. The sentence you quote says "on this page you will only find what is
in our apache logs - if you want more, go to smolts.org where you will find
user contributed data"

Same sentence, slightly rephrased

Ah! That's it what it should read, but it doesn't. My Firefox displays this, instead:

download.opensuse.org, user contributed data you can find at smolts.org

(see the attached photo if you don't believe it)

However, if I copy-paste the text into this email, I get this, instead:

"This page contains a variety of statistics about openSUSE's usage. They
are purely generated from the apache logs of download.opensuse.org, user
contributed data you can find at smolts.org"

So, I have discovered a bug either in the wiki or in firefox!

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.