Re: [opensuse] Cannot see linux hostname from windows
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 16:25:03 -0400
Michael S. Dunsavage pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
I just installed openSUSE 11.1 and I have samba installed. I cannot see
the hostname from the windows box, but I can connect via ssh or ftp by
ip address. I'm using the same setup I had on 11.0 that worked fine?

Any ideas where to start looking?

It's been a while for me but, I think you also need nds service running as
well. (Can't check as I don't have samba installed.)

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998