Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Adam Tauno WIlliams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 12:57:32 -0400
On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 11:56 -0400, John E. Perry wrote:
G T Smith wrote:
So, based on this other recommendations, I tried to install funambol.
It failed, saying there was no provider for tomcat55.
I can't find tomcat55 via webpin, so I look for tomcat. I find a couple
of dozen tomcats, among which are tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api (5.5.25). I
install it, and get the very same error. So I install tomcat6 (6.0.18),
hoping against hope for something good to happen, Same error.
Installation of funambol is not entirely straight forward in my
experience and I am not clear whether this is happening when unpacking
the files or when you attempting to initialise funambol.
... but there is a fair bit of
installation documentation which needs to read carefully before you
attempt to install.
Ah. I expected all that would be taken care of in the 1-click installs
from the suse website. So I'll have to do some more digging before I
try this again. Thanks.

I've never used, or even knew existed, Funambol packages for any distro.
I use the bundled version provided by the Funambol project and just
install it into /opt/Funambol.

It is important to note that a 1-click install of Funambol to a working
deployment is *NOT POSSIBLE*. Mobile device support is too complex and
site/implementation specific. Someone could provide such a package for
a specific groupware service and set of devices (or versions of a device
- this matters allot!), but not a general purpose sync solution. You
always have to test.