Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:56:10 -0400

So, based on this other recommendations, I tried to install funambol.
It failed, saying there was no provider for tomcat55.

I can't find tomcat55 via webpin, so I look for tomcat. I find a couple
of dozen tomcats, among which are tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api (5.5.25). I
install it, and get the very same error. So I install tomcat6 (6.0.18),
hoping against hope for something good to happen, Same error.

Installation of funambol is not entirely straight forward in my
experience and I am not clear whether this is happening when unpacking
the files or when you attempting to initialise funambol.

... but there is a fair bit of
installation documentation which needs to read carefully before you
attempt to install.

Ah. I expected all that would be taken care of in the 1-click installs
from the suse website. So I'll have to do some more digging before I
try this again. Thanks.

jp