Re: [opensuse] localhost question
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:32:32 +0200
Bob S wrote:

On Friday 05 June 2009 01:37:49 am Per Jessen wrote:
Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

Got tired of fooling with KDE4 on 11.1 and blew it away,
Reinstalled 11.0 with KDE3. Everything seems to be OK except for my
localhost name, Can't seem to find the right place to change it
whatever I do. The only place I find "Hostnames" in in Yast>Network
Services and that certainly doesn't do it.

Look under "Network Devices".

Wow, Thanks Per. Boy is that obscure. Network Devices>Network
Setttings, then tab over to Hostnames/DNS.

Anway, got it done. Thanks again.

I'm glad you got it sorted - it does seem a little obscure, but the
explanation is that the hostname really goes with the network
interface, not the host.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.9°C)