Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:29:19 +0100

John E. Perry wrote:
"alternative"? Syncing with eGroupware uses Funambol as the SyncML
provider and integrates via a connector; as does just about every Open
Source groupware server (OGo, Citadel, Zimbra, SOGo, etc...). Does the
eGroupware in the repo provide a pre-configured Funambol instance?

So, based on this other recommendations, I tried to install funambol.
It failed, saying there was no provider for tomcat55.

I can't find tomcat55 via webpin, so I look for tomcat. I find a couple
of dozen tomcats, among which are tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api (5.5.25). I
install it, and get the very same error. So I install tomcat6 (6.0.18),
hoping against hope for something good to happen, Same error.

Installation of funambol is not entirely straight forward in my
experience and I am not clear whether this is happening when unpacking
the files or when you attempting to initialise funambol. When I did my
first installation there were different installation scripts for JBoss,
Tomcat 5 and Tomcat 5.5. I do remember having some fun and games with
this and unfortunately I cannot remember how I got this fixed. I have
not yet installed the last version, but there is a fair bit of
installation documentation which needs to read carefully before you
attempt to install.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup