Re: [opensuse] Latest KDE4 update - new cool stuff!
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:23:26 -0700
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <4A278137.9000201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
Okular and Dolphin are far better than KPDF and Konqueror in KDE3 for
_most_users. I never thought that I'd be saying that!
Is Dolphin now as capable as Konqueror?

Since Konqueror now uses the 'DolphinPart' for rendering folders, I would
say so.

Yes, the file management widget is *exactly* the *same* between Dolphin and
Konqueror.

Not fair.

Submerging Kong by forcing it to use Dolphin is the most disingenuous
and dishonest method of achieving parity I have ever seen.

Dolphin STILL can't do what Kong 3.5 could do. The fact that Kong has
been short circuited into Dolphin to prevent comparison reveals a
desperation of purpose I had long suspected.