Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:03:00 -0500
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
Explain why I can hook up an iPhone to a Mac or Windows box and get all
the features I think Nokia et. al, should provide? Backups, sync,
updates, app installs and deleting 'just work'. No painful leaping from
program to program. This is of course because Apple are in control of
both parts of the puzzle. What is to stop the other guys from doing the
same. This is one of many reasons iPhone sales are doing quite well.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

The major difference between the business models (Apple vs Nokia, etc)
is that after the phone sale, Apple has many opportunities for
additional/continued revenue streams, whereas the other phone
manufacturers just hope to control costs (support, warranty).

That difference drives both strategic focus and motivation. It
affects how the manufacturers view their customers.

Andrew