Re: [opensuse] Ghostscript (PS->PDF) Terrible Performance Under 11.1 Compared To 10.3
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 05:50:44 -0700

The version 8.62 has an completly rewritten pdfwrite API which is
much more compatible with the PDF standard. Beside this it can
handle much more PostScript code fid out there. ...

That is good to know and, I hope, good news. In the past I have
all-too-often encountered PostScript files that produced poorly encoded
PDF files. These PDF files could be viewed and printed but not copied
from or searched (copying yielded gibberish; I suppose there was some
gibberish you could enter in order to search, but there was no way to
know what that was). I hope that's now a thing of the past.

Werner

Randall Schulz