Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
Yes, I also hope they change their minds with Qt. I filed a complain to
Nokia,
unfortunately I did not find a corresponding site at the .com based Nokia
site,
QT is a user interface and has absolutely nothing to do with SyncML
which is a protocol...
Of course. What I meant was that, now that Nokia have bought Trolltech
(the makers of the Qt cross-platform tool kit), perhaps Nokia will use
Qt to make a PC client application for their phones that will run
everywhere QT does.

If your inferring that as a goal because they purchased Trolltech I
think it is a massive leap. Nokia is an enormous organization, many
parts of Nokia probably don't even know that they purchased Trolltech
and certainly don't know why.

And that is quite a few places. As Nokia make the
server side of the SyncML in question (it is in their phone), they would
be in a fantastic position to know how to make a client. And they could
now make one client that runs on all platforms.

There is little profit motive to develop a client [which is a very
expensive thing to do, especially a cross-platform client - there are
many cross platform issues beyond the UI level, particularly when it
comes to communicating with devices].

If the phone/device wants a SyncML service have you considered just
installing one on your workstation/desktop. Funambol is a SyncML server
and it is free and Open Source.