Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 13:24:04 +0200

Malte Gell wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote

Yes, I also hope they change their minds with Qt. I filed a complain to
Nokia,
unfortunately I did not find a corresponding site at the .com based Nokia
site,

QT is a user interface and has absolutely nothing to do with SyncML
which is a protocol...

Of course. What I meant was that, now that Nokia have bought Trolltech
(the makers of the Qt cross-platform tool kit), perhaps Nokia will use
Qt to make a PC client application for their phones that will run
everywhere QT does. And that is quite a few places. As Nokia make the
server side of the SyncML in question (it is in their phone), they would
be in a fantastic position to know how to make a client. And they could
now make one client that runs on all platforms.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB