Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 07:20:34 -0400
G T Smith wrote:

What is forgotten here is the other player... the phone networks. There
is an ongoing tussle between networks and the phone manufacturers about
the control of what and who supplies services and facilities (and
realises the associated revenue streams)....

Yeah -- my Motorola Q9M is reported to have the WiFi and GPS navigating
code in it, but Verizon made them disable them so they can sell their
"data plan" at a minimum of $10 a month, and "VZNavigator" at $9.95 a
month.

Needless to say, I took the first year's payments and bought a Garmin.
Much nicer unit, and it's free after the first year :-).

John Perry