Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 08:05:57 +0200
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 16:43 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
Andrew Gould wrote:
How would you all view it if a phone company stopped worrying about
operating systems and synced to google accounts?

Why should I have to (a) register with google and (b) have internet
access in order to interface to my phone? Better if they simply
concentrated on implementing protocols consistently. The USB mass
storage interface works fairly well for most data stored on my phone.

Because the telephone manufacturers did not make the protocol. If they
had, each would be different. So this means that one can copy photos and
music to the devices. Which is at least something. But I also want the
contacts to be managed from my PC. That is where things go south.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB