Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:28:16 +0200
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 18:15 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
Nokia support on other than Windows is really crap. I have a Nokia
eXpressMusic and it is not even supported on my Mac. Don't even mention
Linux support.

All the latest Symbian phones support SyncML. It's the folks who would
have SyncML working with your favourite PIM application that you
should be sore at, not Nokia. The standard exists, no Linux
applications yet support it.

I think the thing with SyncML seems to be that there are so very many
versions. These are probably the result of features being added over
time. But it seems to me that SyncML was not careful at the start to
allow future additions. It also happens that even new phones ship with
surprisingly old versions of SyncML. At least Nokia are like this.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB