Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:24:52 +0200
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 10:07 -0500, Andrew Gould wrote:

How would you all view it if a phone company stopped worrying about
operating systems and synced to google accounts? It would be os
neutral, they would lose the lock-in feature (which doesn't really
work) but the cost continued development would be minimal. Then
people could sync their computers to google. Would this be a good
suggestion to the likes of Nokia?

In fact I am taking that approach with my Linux/Evolution + Mac/email +
iPod/touch setup. This is for contacts and calendars. The main problem
is that I do not have internet access enabled on my Nokia phone - it is
provided by work. For that device, PC connectivity is needed. But, I
think it would be a good direction to take. What is lacking is a
phone-based app to make this happen.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST