Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 16:22:21 +0200
On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 16:15 +0200, Malte Gell wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote

Nokia support on other than Windows is really crap. I have a Nokia
eXpressMusic and it is not even supported on my Mac. Don't even
mention Linux support.

One could only hope that one thing Nokia do with Qt is make a decent
cross-platform interface to their products. Current support is really
crap.

Yes, I also hope they change their minds with Qt. I filed a complain to
Nokia,
unfortunately I did not find a corresponding site at the .com based Nokia
site,
I only could file it on the German based site. I expressed my anger about the
lack of Linux support and asked for better Linux support in the future, at
least for porting Nokia PC Suite to Linux and a firmware updater for Linux.
It
would be nice if other Nokia and Linux users could do the same and file a
complaint to them.

And MAC users. I was/am surprised that Nokia MAC support is as bad as
Linux support. And Nokia probably wonder why Apple users choose iPhone
over Nokia products. And I guess iPhone's integration on Windows is
probably ok, as it uses iTunes to a large extent. I doubt it is as bad
as Nokia's integration.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST