Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:15:54 +0200

Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote

Nokia support on other than Windows is really crap. I have a Nokia
eXpressMusic and it is not even supported on my Mac. Don't even
mention Linux support.

One could only hope that one thing Nokia do with Qt is make a decent
cross-platform interface to their products. Current support is really
crap.

Yes, I also hope they change their minds with Qt. I filed a complain to Nokia,
unfortunately I did not find a corresponding site at the .com based Nokia site,
I only could file it on the German based site. I expressed my anger about the
lack of Linux support and asked for better Linux support in the future, at
least for porting Nokia PC Suite to Linux and a firmware updater for Linux. It
would be nice if other Nokia and Linux users could do the same and file a
complaint to them.

Regards
Malte