Re: [opensuse] [OT] is there a virtual machine that IMPROVE performance by using harddisk as harddisk image
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:09:09 +0200
Actually, even the free server version is able to use a physical raw device,
at least the server 1 version.

I also do have a need to access a raw disk so I installed server 2, but this seems not able to configure a raw disk. I also have Workstation 5 and I made a VM with a raw disk but server 2 can't handle it.
I have an old rpm (server 1.3 32bit, I think) but this doesn't work on Suse 11.1 (compile problems).
The frustrating thing is, I did have access but I didn't take notes how I did it. And I'm certain it involved VMware.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong
begin:vcard
fn:Koenraad Lelong
n:Lelong;Koenraad
org:ACE electronics
adr:Industriepark 2 nr 12;;IZ Webbekom 2118;Diest;VlaBra;3290;Belgie
email;internet:k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:R&D Manager
tel;work:+32 13 531906
tel;fax:+32 13 531908