Re: [opensuse] Nokia Nseries and gnokii
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:57:59 +0200

On May 31, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Malte Gell wrote:

Hi there,

I have a Nokia N82 and can't get it running with gnokii 0.6.26 on openSUSE
11.1

Below you can see my gnokii.rc

When I try e.g. "gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end"

I only get "Error reading from the location 1 in memory ME
Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!"

gnokii --identify actually does work. The phone is connected via USB and of
course I chose "PC Suite" as connection method.

I already reported to the gnokii mailing list, but without any response yet.
So I wonder, has anyone of you a running gnokii with a Nseries devide like
N82, N95 or similar?

Nokia support on other than Windows is really crap. I have a Nokia eXpressMusic and it is not even supported on my Mac. Don't even mention Linux support.

One could only hope that one thing Nokia do with Qt is make a decent cross-platform interface to their products. Current support is really crap.

--

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.