Re: [opensuse] [OT] is there a virtual machine that uses harddisk as harddisk image
On 2009-05-31 10:56:42 +0800 Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday May 30 2009, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
could virtual machine software make
use of a separate harddisk instead of a disk image to improve its
performance?

VMware supports it. I use it for my Windows XP. In fact, Windows XP sees
a whole drive in what is actually a single partition of one of my
physical drives. It's bit odd, but it works fine.

What is the name / terminology used for this? If you give me the right keyword I should be able to google out everything.

By the way do you know if I can convert an existing hard-disk image file to a real arddisk?