Re: [opensuse] ssh tunnelling for firefox
  • From: Joris <xxjorisxx+opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:33:35 +0200
Hey there jdd,

Isn't it easiest to use 'NX' for this?
Other than launching a full X Desktop to another machine, it's also
possible to launch a single application.
The only downside is that the proxy server needs to be running an
instance of 'FreeNX' (which means I assume you have root permission to
that machine) and the client needs to have the (free) nomachine.org
client installed.
Perhaps this isn't want you want but it seems to meet all your demand
(proxy a browser over ssh).

Best of luck.

Joris