Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:08:24 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2008-09-26 at 21:20 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

2008/9/26 steve <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
although...... they may not be doing it solely for net access. They may
be doing it so as not to leave a trace as to what they were DOING on the
net. CD is ejected from drive, computer rebooted, all trace vanishes.

I doubt that. In most university computer labs that I've seen, the
machines are regularly ghosted. However, network activity is
monitored. So the problem is not leaving traces on the computer, but
rather who's monitoring the network.

Part of the network activity can be encrypted.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.