[opensuse] Re: Problems with resize2s [was: Problems growing a logical volume with LVM tools.]
  • From: Vinai Roopchansingh <vroopcha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:16:09 -0500
Ciro Iriarte wrote:

2008/9/25 Vinai Roopchansingh <vroopcha@xxxxxxx>:
On a hunch - I tried to get the latest e2fsprogs and compile it locally and
run it, but I am getting the same message. So it definitely an upstream
bug. I am not sure where to file a bug with e2fsprogs as its page is
sparse, and there's not much else up there, other than source code ...

But thank you again Ciro. Your suggestions have definitely helped ...

cheers
vinai

Please, keep the replies on the list, that way everybody can benefit
from the conversation. You can also try ext2online (although it's
older than resize2fs). About the bug report, it's fine to post it on
the Novell Bugzilla, people from Novell always report
suggestions/patches upstream.

My apologies ;-) I can't run those tests at this time as I have to put that server back into production mode this week, and the group that uses it has a big deadline coming up soon ...

So far, I didn't hit this kind of issues with reiserfs and XFS, both
fill the use case spectrum for me :)

As you pointed out - xfs seems to be the right tool for this job. As long as I have been in linux, this is the first time I've had to deal with systems with this large a resource pool ... Up till now, ext2/3 have sufficed for all my needs. So I am still learning ;-)

I will file a bug against e2fsprogs package and hope that it gets back upstream. Thank you again.

cheers
vinai