Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: Tony Alfrey <tonyalfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:33:41 -0700
Dotan Cohen wrote:
2008/9/25 Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>:
I wish you luck in getting support!

Luck won't help, but community involvement would. Likewise, if anyone
needs any software that is not available for Linux, then write to the
manufacturer and request it. Then let me know, and I will write to the
manufacturer as well.

I admire your zeal but I'm curious as to how many responses you get from manufacturers even acknowledging your mail. Dassault Systèmes (Solidworks) was one such company that I've written an email to (many moons ago) regarding a linux port with no response whatsoever.

--
Tony Alfrey
tonyalfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx