Re: [opensuse] 10.2 no RAID to 11.0 RAID 1 - Now [ OT indexing ]

I agree 100%... with one proviso or quid pro quo:

<quote>

The older I get and with more of life stored as electronic information even
with my (mind you, very good) 'ordinary organization', the LONGER 'looking for
something the hard way 1% of the time' takes!

</quote>

Yeah I have to agree with that too.

DMS's are coming along. I figure their quality and selection of features and
design philosophies will be good enough by the time I need to use them by
default rather than on special occasion.

A few directories were good enough for my mp3's and pictures for a while, now I
use Ampache and Gallery. I figure some mediawiki plugin or something completely
else will turn up for random documents by the time I really need it.

Emails are the closest thing I have to a problem.
I have been saving most emails for years and even so it's still searcheable in
a reasonable time. But it's just a huge outlook express store directory. There
is a lot of important documentation in there that really would be nice if it
was more generically accessible.

(yeah yeah I hate ms as much as the next guy, but I need to use windows as my
normal desktop and I need my email to work 100% and after the 2nd or 3rd time
netscape blew up and destroyed it's email db files and I lost several months or
a years worth of email I gave up on 3rd party mail clients on windows, that was
so many years ago that it was netscape and eudora but the lesson remains sound.)

--
Brian K. White brian@xxxxxxxxx http://www.myspace.com/KEYofR