Re: [opensuse] Volume knob on keyboard
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:01:32 +0200
I've got a rather unusual keyboard (Myria MY-93) with a volume knob,

Seems to be kind of hard to find out any info at all about that
keyboard. From what i could find, it woudl seem to be a keyboard sold
in/for the Romanian market?

I've googled a bit and also looked at the setkeycodes command but I'm
not really sure what keycodes I should enter, how to hook it up to
either Amarok's global shortcuts or to the alsa master volume (from what
I gather the latter is a bit trickier to do), and how to make sure my
changes remain permanent.

Have you tried using the KeyTouch application? It comes with a tool
to help you define your own keymaps for keyboard not in the usual set
of common keyboards. It might be possible to use that to bind the
various specialty keys to actions you want.

C.