[opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 as Virtuozzo guest
  • From: Bjoern Voigt <bjoern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:05:56 +0200
Hi all,

is anybody running openSUSE 11.0 as a guest system in Virtuozzo (or OpenVZ)?

I updated my openSUSE 10.3 installation (updated from 10.0 some month ago) to openSUSE 11.0 with "zypper dist-upgrade". The upgrade procedure was successful with little exceptions. So I had to upgrade a lot of packages manuelly after "zypper dist-upgrade". Now the system is 100% openSUSE 11.0.

My problem is, that the network scripts in openSUSE 11.0 do not seem to work in my Virtuozzo installation. Everything works fine, but there is a problem with the configuration of the virtual network interfaces (venet0 and venet0:0), with routing or other network base issues.

I tried the following workarounds to fix the problem:

1. Manual network configuration with a script containing "ifconfig",
"ip route" etc. No success...
2. Downgrade of the sysconfig package to the version from openSUSE
10.3. No success...
3. A script, which calls "/etc/init.d/network restart" within a
openSUSE 10.3 chroot environment. This works.

The openSUSE 11.0 system currently works with the last workaround.

Currently I can not find a bug report about this problem. Are there any experiences with openSUSE 11.0 on Virtuozzo/OpenVZ?

Greetings,
Björn