Re: [opensuse] Extract Sound From Flash
  • From: Neil <hok.krat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:45:09 +0200

The Friday 2008-09-19 at 15:20 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:

2. You can clear your /tmp directory before starting and use the only
.flv file in there (I do not know what subdirectory). This wil
continue to work almost no matter what. The files played will have to
be stored on your computer to buffer, right?

/tmp is where they are stored? I never would have thought. I kept looking
in /home/kai/.mozilla folders.

I'll try that.

I don't know in this case, but some times I have found the files in the
.../Cache/ directory, where I look at the last files, and testing with "file
somefile" to find out what they are. I don't know which files go into /tmp
and which into "Cache".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
to Iceweasel):

"What has generally worked for me is to watch (or at least buffer) the
streaming video in Firefox/Iceweasel, and find the appropriate cache
entry (~/.mozilla/firefox/<garbage>/Cache). "ls -ltr" typically makes
it easy to pick out, since it will be recent and large. Then I just
copy the file from the cache to a more stable location, changing the
file name from <random-looking hex> to my_video.flv. If the file's
too big, it'll get booted from the cache, but sometimes it shows up in
/tmp (this seems unreliable). Increasing the iceweasel cache limit
generally makes this a non-issue, though.

This works well with YouTube and Weebl's Stuff, if you need any data points."

So there are a couple of places to check.

Neil

--
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who cannot count