Re: [opensuse] Typing Japanese in KDE 4.1 (or 3.5)
  • From: Joop Beris <opensuse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:26:40 +0200
On Friday 19 September 2008, Masaru Nomiya wrote:

Joop> So my question to the group is, how can I set up the IME for KDE 4.1
(or 3.5 Joop> if that would be better), so that my wife can write Japanese
on her machine Joop> without a lot of hassle?

IMHO, the best solution is installing Atok X3 for Linux;

http://www.justsystems.com/jp/products/atok_linux/

Hello Masaru,

Thanks for your fast reply. Atok X3 certainly looks capable from what I can
understand from the website. Unfortunately, it's a commercial solution. I
have nothing against purchasing software, but since it's not even sure my
wife is going to actually switch, I was more or less hoping that my question
could be solved with tools which are freely available for Linux.

Thanks again,

Joop