Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.0, Windows AD and LDAP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:55:57 +0200
On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 16:01 -0500, Moby wrote:

I do it using pwauth through pam winbind - works great against AD.

Thanks for the pointer to pwauth. Passing the login to pam (so to
speak), for which login authenticated against the AD is already set up
and working, seems the right way to go. There really should be no need
to reinvent what pam/winbind have already set up.

As if I did not have something else to do this weekend :-)

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.