[opensuse] Video editing on openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Joop Beris <opensuse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:22:03 +0200
Hello listmates,

I'm curious to know what application you recommend for video editing. I'm not
looking for anything fancy, just basic stuff like making a title, being able
to cut parts out of movie clips, stitch clips together and exporting the
resulting file to a common format like .mpg, .avi or even .flv.

I used to use kdenlive for this, but for some reason it suddenly claims
that .mpg files are not valid. That's weird, because a week or two ago, it
could work with .mpg files. And yes, it claims this even for files it was
able to open before, so it's not that we're talking about a single corrupt
file. Perhaps I'm missing a codec now?

I use KDE 3.5.9, but any app that does what I need is welcome.

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome!

Joop