Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.0, Windows AD and LDAP
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:12:24 +0200
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:04:18PM +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I guess it had to come to this. I have gotten Linux login authentication
working against the local Windows AD. I would next like to get apache
authentication working in a similar fashion. In reading the docs on this,
the first obvious thing I do not know is the user and password needed
for accessing the AD server when doing the authentication. This must
exist somewhere, as openSUSE is doing this. I joined the AD via YAST.
So, I am guessing, this information exists somewhere on my system.

You need a fitting mod_* module for Apache. There are two ways.

a) apache2-mod_auth_ntlm_winbind
b) apache2-mod_auth_kerb

I've used a) in the past but had some trouble with keepalive and https.
This is generic and known.

Therfore I appreciate if any reports sucess with apache2-mod_auth_kerb.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team