[opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.0, Windows AD and LDAP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:04:18 +0200

I guess it had to come to this. I have gotten Linux login authentication
working against the local Windows AD. I would next like to get apache
authentication working in a similar fashion. In reading the docs on this,
the first obvious thing I do not know is the user and password needed
for accessing the AD server when doing the authentication. This must
exist somewhere, as openSUSE is doing this. I joined the AD via YAST.
So, I am guessing, this information exists somewhere on my system.

Am I think correctly? If so, where could this information be.

If not, how else to proceed?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.