Re: [opensuse] Firefox and pdfs in openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:27:52 +0200
Hi,

Don Raboud schrieb:

For some reason, firefox (version 3.0.1) will not open pdf files, either
embedded or with an external application. The behaviour is that if I click a
link to a pdf file, I am presented with a dialog box that states

"You have chosen to open <filename> which is a: PDF document"

and then the options are to cancel or save the file. No chance to just open
the file. This is a real annoyance. The pdf files themselves are OK, it all
works in opera. (It doesn't work right now in konqueror, but I believe that
is a different issue).

What is the exact version of your installed MozillaFirefox and
mozilla-xulrunner190 packages?
Do you have mozilla-xulrunner190-gnomevfs installed?
Could you please provide a public example where Firefox is only offering
to save the file so that I can check that out?

Wolfgang