Re: [opensuse] Recover md RAID-1.
  • From: Marco Palominos <mappjava@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 06:27:50 -0700 (PDT)
http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/en/wordpress/2007/02/07/testing-raid-1-on-opensuse/

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-July/008898.html

Good Luck
Marco

--- El sáb 6-sep-08, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

De: Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: Re: [opensuse] Recover md RAID-1.
A: "Rodney Baker" <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Fecha: sábado, 6 septiembre, 2008, 6:10 pm
What is the command? Because mdadm /dev/md0 --fail /dev/sdb2
does not
work. It says set device faulty failed for /dev/sdb2: no
such
device.... but cat /dev/sdb2 shows there is a device there!

I have a 2nd system with the same config, I shut it down
correctly
with the 'halt" command and when I bring it back
up I get the same
problems due to the crappy RAID.

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Rodney Baker