Re: [opensuse] Can't boot 10.3 after 11.0 install - explanation for Patrick
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:52:19 -0400
On Wednesday 03 September 2008 22:02:32 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09-03-08 21:16]:
Am I violating some rule here? If I am and this is not supposed to
work please let me know.

??

Do you run more than one version of openSUSE?

no, no need that I can see. But I run several servers and seldom
reboot.

If so, how do you handle duplicate file names within the different
versions that the installer allows.

Another thing, is it possible to paginate the boot screen?

look at /var/log/boot.*

Problem is, if you remember in my first post. when the boot process errored
out it said it couldn't log to /var

I seem to remember way back in the Win3.11 days you could add a -p or
something like that to get a screenfulj at a time.If I could do that I
might be able to see where the trouble is.

gud luk,
--
Yeah, well, thanks for trying. Still have no idea.

Bob S