Re: [opensuse] Dual monitors on boot
  • From: Bob Ewart <bob-ewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:21:26 -0400
Chris Arnold wrote:
Using 11.0 x86 64 with kde 4.1 and dual hp w2007h monitors. I want to be able to have both monitors
show something on boot. As it is now, only the 1 monitor shows the opensuse boot screen. Is there
anyway to have both monitors show this screen on boot (or perhaps a different screen on boot)?
These monitors are not in "clone" mode they are in "extended" mode. Is there
anyway to do this?

I think that's a problem with the graphics adapter. I have 3 machines with dual monitors. Some of them show the boot on both monitors, some not. Until you have X started, which is about the last thing that happens, the xorg.conf doesn't apply. It is writing, probably in some vga mode, to the adapter.

What graphics adapter are you using?

--
Bob