Re: [opensuse] Issue with Firefox 32-bit on 64-bit openSUSE
  • From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:10:34 -0400
Thanks for the wishing of a great day and for the excellent input
you've provided regarding this Java matter.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> [09-03-08 01:46]:
There is no 64-bit Java plugin.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> [09-02-08 22:20]:
I switched my Firefox install from 64-bit to 32-bit so Java plugin
could work. At first the homepage did not load but that was fixed when
I switched the firefox-branding package to 64-bit.

However the "Recently closed tabs" feature and also spell-check do not
work. What other 32-bit packages would Firefox need?

Probably *all* of the extensions you have downloaded and applied to
firefox. You could have saved yourself these problems by installing a
64bit java package.

You full quote, top post, are *very* negatively opinionated and know
not what you say!

But your thanks for a helpful answer is appreciated. I hope you have
a better day than you have been experiencing.