Re: [opensuse] kinternet fails to connect to smpppd
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:40:04 +0300
On Wednesday 03 September 2008 16:07:37 you wrote:
how do i check if it is not only installed (this is
confirmed by the packet manager) but actually running?

I am pretty sure that there is a script similar to '/sbin/rcnetwork status'
that could give you the status of smpppd daemon. I don't remember now its
name.

Another solution, not the best one, is to issue again smpppd, which should
give a warning if the daemon is running already.

--
Bogdan Cristea
software engineer