Re: [opensuse] strange samba rsync problem
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:10:56 -0400
Brian K. White wrote:
step one is rsync -vvvvaz --del --progress source dest

Maybe add -n and/or -i too.
That has proved most useful. I tried using the --iconv option but
that failed. After looking at the output I saw that it said the
option was refused by the server. On further investigation I found
that I had installed the latest server in the wrong location so that
it was the old version that was running. Even with that correction
it didn't work and I found it was because the build process couldn't
find libiconv. I fixed CFLAGS and LDFLAGS but it seems I still
have to find the correct settings so that it finds the shared lib
at runtime. Fortunately there are quite a few programmers her that
might be able to help me with that.

At lease now I know that the server wasn't able to do any
conversion and I think that once I fix that problem, I will have
the correct file names. Thanks for your help.

Damon Register