Re: [opensuse] How to configure my openSUSE to be able to make tftp requests
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:59:47 -0700
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Dominique Leuenberger
<Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

A short question:

I have an openSUSE 11.0, SuSEfirewall is running.

If I issue a tftp <host> -c get <filename>
the reply from the server is blocked by the firewall (not surprisingly,
as the tftp actually replies from another port than 69).

Is there an easy way to make tftp requests like this work? (maybe a bit
more complicate than rcSuSEfirewal 2 stop).

Thank you for your advises,
Dominique

I think you need the contrack option in iptables to get ftp (non-passive) to
work, but I thought that was in there by default in Opensuse.

I use Shorewall, so I don't know exactly how you would do this in susefirewall.