[opensuse] Bluetooth mouse
  • From: Manne Merak <mannemerak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:16:01 +0200
I have a Dell Vostro 1700 with builtin bluetooth and Dell bt Travel Mouse.
I can see the mouse goes into sleep mode after some time of inactivity (to save battery). When I move it it take about 1-2sec to reactivate and I see the following msg in /var/log/messages

Sep 2 14:55:10 xxxxxxxxxxx input[4438]: New input device 00:07:61:B8:CA:00 (Dell BT Travel Mouse)
Sep 2 14:55:10 xxxxxxxxxxx kernel: input: Dell BT Travel Mouse as /class/input/input15

The input15 increments as it gets reconnected after a sleep.
My problem is that sometimes it does not come back and I have to goto the Bluetooth monitor (kbluetooth icon) and reconnect manually.
Doing some debugging I found that the mouse will stay connected even if I remove all bluetooth processes - just the bluetooth module remains (cant get it unloaded, to many dependencies).
So, who keeps the mouse connected? bluetooth module? Something builtin to the kernel? some Xorg module? I would like to reload/restart something to see who is at fault.
(ps. the batteries are fine)

Manne