[opensuse] Can't boot 10.3 after 11.0 install
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 01:22:50 -0400
Hello SuSE people,

During the boot up process it fails and dumps me into maintenance mode. It
says "FSCK failed for at least one filesystem. (not /)Then to do it manually
and reboot.

I shutdown and then did an fsck on the entire filesystem. (All three drives)
Didn't help. Now the funny thing is that 10.2 and the new 11.0 boot OK and
every fstab is exactly the same. They all mount the exact same partitions, yet
10.3 fails where the other two do not.

Here are two other strange messages which might help in analyzing this
problem.

"Superblock last write time is in the future. FIXED"
What causes that?

"BLOGD: no message logging because /var file system is not accessible"
Don't know if that could be the problem.

Help please! I've spent the last three days trying to fix this.
10.3 is my "work" system. I need it back. The install of 11.0 should have been
easy. It wasn't. Can't imagine what could have happened.

Bob S