Re: [opensuse] A great mystery lies within
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:27:21 -0400
Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
just my curiosity provokes me to send this to the list. I was trying to
investigate a product online, and clicked on the buy button that
redirects one to the online store. If I do this in linux, a new browser
will open up, but never load. It always stays blank. It does this in
Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, and IE6 (IEs4Linux). Eventually it will say
service unavailable. The website is:

http://whitelightning.net/store.html

But, if I open the website in WinXP & IE7 and click on the buy button,
the online store will load in a new browser window and one may purchase
items from the list.

I have tried changing the browser identification to IE6 or 7 on Windows
using browser spoofing agents in Firefox and Konqueror on the Opensuse
OS, but it didn't help. Just curious, can anyone clue me into why this
is happening?

Its a new day, and time to learn something new.

Mark, I just tried it in 11.0 w/KDE 3.5 and the latest FireFox. It
worked perfectly. I'm going to guess that it requires java and
javascript to be turned "on."

Fred

--
"Security" in Windows comes from patching a sieve.