Re: HP & Linux support (was [opensuse] Printer Recommendation?)
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:02:03 -0400
Duaine & Laura Hechler wrote:
Jerry Feldman wrote:

<snip>
Having been employed by HP in the Linux area, I know that HP spends a
lot of bucks in the Linux area.
OH DO THEY NOW..........then why doesn't my HP dvd640 drive burn DL
DVD's --

Be interesting to know where all those bucks go. Their "tech" support
even forced me to buy a new hard drive so I could wipe suse and my ext3
home partition off the original before they would answer questions about
whether I had hardware problems or not.

It wasn't even enough that these were separate partitions in a dual-boot
setup.

(And yes, I had pressed the issue until I got to at least one level
above the bottom-feeders in India.)

John Perry