[opensuse] Connecting to wireless network with knetworkmanger
  • From: "Doctor Who" <whodoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:30:15 -0400
I'm using KDE 3.5 on openSUSE 11.0. I cannot see how to connect to
wireless networks any longer since the upgrade to knetworkmanager.

It used to be that clicking the knetworkmanager icon on the kicker
panel would show all of the available wireless networks under wlan1
(or whatever).

Now, no wireless networks show up there. Choosing Edit-Connections
shows no connections. I'm using an Intel PROwireless 3945ABG card.

'iwlist wlan1 scanning' shows a number of access points when run from konsole.

Thanks for any help!