Re: [opensuse] Joining Windows domain during openSUSE 11.0 install
  • From: "Silent Ph03nix" <silentph03nix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:16:11 -0500
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 09:54 -0500, Silent Ph03nix wrote:

I will have to see if they are running 2000 or 2003. I want to validate
Linux user logins via the AD server. It is the Linux box itself that I
want the users to have access to with their AD passwords, not other
resources on the network. I cannot track their AD passwords manually,
and they are changing all the time. Currently, they have different
user/password on the Linux box than on the AD box. I am trying to get
away from that.

Understood. In that case you're most likely going to have to get your
IT department involved. We tend to get snippy when people try to do
things on our network without getting us involved. ;-)

Ph03nix